You're a hoot card

Wednesday, May 08, 2013


The past week has been quite a difficult week for me as my dad passed away suddenly and then my health has been giving me a lot of problems too. My dad and I weren't very close but it obviously was still a shock. So for these reasons, I just haven't been able to concentrate on crafting or blogging. 

I did manage to make one card before last week and that was for our niece. 

Monday was our niece's 21st birthday and as she loves owls, I thought I would use the Clearly Besotted You're a hoot stamp set.

I started with the patterned paper that is the lacey circle. From there, I chose the card and the ink. 

 The cute little owl with the polkadot heart is so cute. Love it. 




Paper - Making Memories Just Chillin Girl | Card - American Crafts | Stamps - Clearly Besotted You're a hoot | Die - Spellbinder Nestabilities Lacey Circles | Ribbon - American Crafts | Border Punch - Martha Stewart | Wooden Stars - Ebay | Foam Letters - American Crafts Thickers | Embossing folder - Cuttlebug seeing dots. 



As our niece loves owls, I bought her a cute little owl mug, only trouble was when Hollie saw it, she wanted one too!



Hope you are having a great week. 

8 comments

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your dad Louise, my sympathies to go you. I hope you feel better yourself too. Love your card, really like the colours and layout you have used. And oh my word how cute is that mug?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've had such a rough week, Louise. I hope things start improving for you soon.

    The owl card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A loss in the family is a really hard thing to go through! Hugs! You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Louise,

    My deepest sympathy to you and your family at this difficult time. You have some great cards, and great ideas so,I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Please check my post at: http://www.mypurpleylife.com/2013/05/nominated-liebster-blog-award.html Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I love your sweet cards!!I've just nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award! Check out my new post:carolynshares.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is delightful Louise :)

    I really am so very sorry for your loss, you are in my thoughts xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.

Instagram

© My May Sunshine. Design by FCD.