Organising and storing DVD's.

Thursday, October 13, 2011


~ I have since updated this storage here. ~

Time and time again my daughter would take the DVD out of the case and leave the DVD sticky and with scratches, which can effect the DVD.

I decided that I needed to store the DVDs differently, ultimately leaving the DVD covers available to view, as my daughter loves to look at them to chose a DVD, but to store the DVDs in a box in a cupboard.

So I started with a binder and a box.

In the box I used CD/DVD clear cases and put the DVDs in them starting with the kids.








On the front of the DVD cases I put a star which was punched from a sticky label.







In the binder I took the DVD covers and stuck them to a piece of paper and added them to a plastic wallet/ pocket.








To keep the paper from slipping out of the plastic pocket, I taped the top.




To help find the DVDs easier I stuck a star on the front of the pockets, on each DVD cover. Then just wrote the numbers on the stars on the DVD covers and DVD clear case so they matched.




To finish off I just created a label for the front and spine of the binder so we knew what it was and the binder sits next to the t.v. 




My daughter loves to be able to just flick through the binder to find a DVD  and then we can find the DVD in the box by looking for the number.  

When a DVD is in the machine, the clear case sits at the front of the box so we can easily put the DVD back in and put back in the right place.



Linking up to : Crafty SoireeClean and ScentsibleToday's Creative Blog, Chic on a Shoestring, The Shabby Nest, Remodelaholic, Tip Junkie , Today's Creative Blog, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Skip to my Lou, Sew Can Do



9 comments

  1. Great space saver! I may have to try this! Visiting from Tip Junkies link party. You can check out my blog too! www.fridaynightdatenight.blogspot.com
    -Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mackenzie
    Thanks for visiting. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-o .... only a woman could destroy and make worthless a dvd collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only mine and my daughters DVDs. My husbands are else where.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous:
      Only a man would be dumb enough to keep the bulky cases and waste valuable storage space! Her idea is brilliant!!

      Delete
    3. How rude. If you don't like it, you don't need to waste your time writing a negative comment.

      Delete
  4. I love this idea! Thank you, it's perfect for when kiddos what to pick out a movie. My girls love pulling out a lot of DVDs out of their sleeves when they flip through our DVD binder. My wife and will try this today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did u find those DVD sleeves? All I can find are the hard CO cases which don't save much space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are cd sleeves I found in the local supermarket here in the UK.

      Delete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.

Instagram

© My May Sunshine. Design by FCD.