Utilizing embellishments differently

Thursday, October 20, 2011



When I came across Wendy Mckee's blog post last year about how she would trace around butterflies from the Internet or die cuts to use in projects I thought was a great idea as you can get so many shapes of butterflies and would bring a bit of diversity to the cards.

 I had some die cut butterflies from Jenni Bowlin and didn't want to give them up too soon  so I just traced around them and cut them out. That was how I got the two middle butterflies.


Paper - My Mind's Eye 'Bloom and Grow'
Die - Nestabilities label four
Small butterfly - Martha Stewart punch
Stamp - Hero Arts 


I don't have a digital cutting system or very many dies for die cutting so sometimes you just have to think outside the box. 


Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.

Instagram

© My May Sunshine. Design by FCD.