Comparing to Others and Changes

Monday, March 23, 2015


I've been blogging for 5 years now. I can't believe I started back in March 2010, it's crazy.



I have loved to blog about the projects I have done over the years but I have struggled to actually write posts and keep up with a schedule, which is something I really wanted to do.

There are several reasons why I think this has happened. First being that it is so easy to compare your own blog to others that are more successful. Secondly, having a 7 year old and now a 1 year old, it's so hard to get time to take photos, write a post etc for the blog. Thirdly, partly because of the other reasons, I find it hard to focus on the blog and post. I tinker away at the blog design now and again but writing blog posts seems to hit a brick wall!

I have quite a few different topics that I have blogged about but have found it hard when it comes to writing a blog post on a card that I have made and then writing a post on a project I have done, not sure why. Maybe it's because some people will be interested in the card and some the project and I feel they are too different a topic.

So to try and help me with blogging more I have decided to make another blog called Pretty Sweet Lovely where I can write about the cards that I have made and then keep this blog for the other topics that flow a bit more together, like organisation, projects, home decor, parenting and posts on life.

I really hope that this will help in releasing the fog that seems to have gathered over the blog for me!

So if you are interested in the cards that I made then please go and have a look at Pretty Sweet Lovely and I hope that you will keep visiting here at My May Sunshine too.




Let's Talk Mommy

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com


15 comments

  1. Hi Louise,
    Just want to tell you that you are not alone in your struggles with blogging.
    I wrote a post last week but my previous one was in October !!!
    I feel discouraged when I see bloggers writing 1,2 or 3 posts a week !!
    Everyone has different lives but I have come to understand that if you write your blog with your heart and about things you are passionate about there will always be people interested in reading it.
    I'll go over to your other blog and sneak a look !
    xEva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about blogging with your heart, I need to remember that! Thanks for visiting my blogs. xx

      Delete
  2. Ohhh I just peeked over - they are soooo beautiful! You are clearly very good at card making. I hope separating the blogs help you to focus a bit more. It's not easy fitting it all in amongst life! #mummymonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blogs. We shall see whether two blogs works! xx

      Delete
  3. I hope that separating blogs helps you out and gives you a little more focus. Managing projects and crafty things can make you feel so satisfied one moment and utterly buried in pressure the next. I have just had a little look at Pretty Sweet Lovely - those cards are beautiful!! Ray xx #MummyMonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blogs. I really hope it can bring some focus for me! xx

      Delete
  4. Love the beautiful cards! I'm a newbie blogger but it's reassuring to know even those longer term bloggers get writer's block #mummymonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always been a 'blog when I want to' blogger and need to remember that and also not to worry when I don't post a blog post! xx

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We find it hard to NOT compare ourselves to other blogs...especially as the BiBs are coming up. You have a great blog and it's good to blog from the heart and not get tied up in Stats and recognition (it's very hard though) great honest post. You are not alone #BrilliantBlogPosts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, things like awards make the pressure worse. Thanks for the comment and glad you like the blog. xx

      Delete
  7. well done on blogging for 5 years :) that is such a long time! It is very hard to not compare to others unfortunately but we all do it. You have a great blog and I love reading it :)

    thanks for joining in on #mummymonday :) love, Gemma - host xo
    www.sunshineonacloudyday.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting the blog. Glad you liked it! xx

      Delete
  8. Congrats on your other blog and I have been thinking of doing the same for my food styling and recipes and making a new blog but I haven't quite taken that steps. But I would like one one day just afraid how to keep up with two blogs and two sets of social medias when I can barely do one. lol Good luck. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me. #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. I wanted to try out 2 blogs for a long time but finally decided to try it, I think when it comes to social media, I will just have a different facebook. xx

      Delete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.

Instagram

© My May Sunshine. Design by FCD.