Homemade miniature beach

Tuesday, June 02, 2015


Before half term, Hollie had to make a miniature beach for her homework. To begin with I struggled with ideas for little items to use but once I had looked on Pinterest for inspiration, the ideas came flowing. Here is what we came up with.



We started out with a thick square cardboard box which we cut down to make a tray. We added some card to the bottom to make the sand and the sea and then got to work making the items for the beach.



We thought it would be good to make a beach hut but this one is a little too big but it was the best size cardboard box we could find but it doesn't matter. We covered it in basic printer paper and then added a roof and a door. 


For the items on the beach, we only bought the cocktail umbrellas and the shells. We made some little beach mats, pinwheels and spades and then used two little toothpaste caps for the buckets.


We didn't want to go too mad with it as it was for Hollie, who's 7, to do (although obviously I helped her) and for her homework but she had great fun gluing, sticking, colouring and tacking everything down. 
In the end it came together well but I think they send out the homework to test the parents as the homework before was to make the football world cup! 

What do you think? Do you prefer creative homework or subject based like maths or English? I would love to hear.



Let's Talk Mommy

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com


10 comments

  1. Oh I love it, this is so cute. What a great idea. Mine would go crazy over this, but then destroy it within an hour haha. Beautiful thanks for sharing #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know, luckily the 16 month didn't get hold of i before it went to school!

      Delete
  2. This is brilliant! I think pretty much all homework given at primary school is for parents! #sharewithme
    Debbie
    http://myrandommusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right! It's project after project and I have to come up with the creativity!

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh this is so cute, I love it! I'm not sure about it being homework, you're right its more like a parent test! I hope she got top marks! #sharewithme
    Sabrina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is great. My eldest had to make a underwater scene very similar to yours. It was loads of fun. #sharewithme #brilliantblogposts xx Mummy2Monkeys xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it in the end but did have to get my thinking cap on!

      Delete
  5. Ever so crafty. I love it. Thanks for linking up to Share With Me. #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute and looks amazing , i wish i was more crafty x #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.

Instagram

© My May Sunshine. Design by FCD.