{The Ordinary Moments 16} #5 Amelia's birthday

Sunday, January 31, 2016






Monday was Amelia's 2nd birthday and we decided to keep it low key. She had a few visitors on Monday and then went out for a birthday meal on Tuesday with some family.

Keeping to the low key theme, I decided to make some shortbread biscuits with Hollie and cut them out in the shape of a 2 and Hollie had fun icing the biscuits.

Last year I bought a plain white iced cake and then decorated it myself and so decided to do the same again this year. I just simply bought some pale pink icing and cut out a 2 with the same cutter I used for the biscuits and then cut out some hearts to go around the cake.

A birthday might not be an ordinary moment but to a 2 year old who had plenty of toys already and then had more at Christmas, she didn't need too much and she isn't old enough yet to fully understand what birthdays are so it was quite an normal day but she was happy, enjoyed the wrapping paper and got lots of clothes which she needed so that's the main thing!

It's Hollies birthday in 2 weeks so it's on to the next birthday to sort out!

Linking up for #TheOrdinaryMoments




2 comments

  1. I think low key birthdays are the best kind. We have never gone crazy with our girls birthdays, we much prefer to have a low key one and enjoy the time together than go crazy with presents, parties and other things. It sounds like a lovely birthday and the cake looks so yummy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the biscuits and cake, especially the pink theme as I have two boys! Just found your blog via the ordinary moments so looking forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.

Instagram

© My May Sunshine. Design by FCD.