Hair accessory display

Friday, May 15, 2015


There are so many pretty hair accessories around these days that it is so easy to get carried away buying them. We have a fair few in our house, having two girls and they can just sit in a box or just lay around the house sometimes and not have a clue what we actually have. 

Me being into crafts and making things, I decided to make a display for them!



I wasn't sure at first what kind of display I wanted to go with and looked at lots of ideas on Pinterest but in the end I decided to stick with a canvas frame.

Using a canvas meant that I didn't have to paint a frame and it wouldn't be open in the centre but was still sturdy enough to hold the clips. 


I bought some ribbon from Hobbycraft that was 16mm wide and went with a grosgrain ribbon as it is thicker than a silk ribbon. I just spaced them out alternatively on the canvas and then secured them with some push pins to the back of the canvas.


The canvas is quite a big one as I wanted to use it for both the girls and chose to add their initials, one either side of the canvas. I bought some wooden letters while in Hobbycraft and painted them with normal matt emulsion, one pink and one mint green.  


I wanted to add some sparkle to the letters so added some glitter paint to the letters. It worked really well. To secure the letters to the canvas I used some tacky glue. 


To hang the canvas up on the wall, I added some ribbon secured by more push pins.


When I had rounded up most of the hair clips and bows, I added them to the canvas. Although they are on separates sides, Hollie has worn some of Amelia's pretty bow clips too!



I really hope that this canvas helps with keeping the girls hair accessories more organised, well we can try! 

Do you think is a good idea to organise hair accessories? Would you try making one? Let me know what you think. 



Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

Let's Talk Mommy
Home Etc

7 comments

  1. OMG I love this and couldn't come at a better time for me as I just started putting MM's hair in pigtails and those pesky clips are all over the house at the moment. What a clever idea. I will have to attempt this. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Next mission is hairbands and necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want this! How clever and it looks absolutely stunning. If I have a girl in the future, I am totally going to do this! #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this is so clear and very stylish I love it, every girls dream board x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WANT! I adore this. What a fabulous idea and so simple to create. It looks so pretty. I have just started putting Lottie's hair in clips and grips and I find them all over the house and have nowhere to put them! This is brilliant. Thanks so much for sharing - much appreciated. Jess x #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word I love that, I have a hanger at the moment which is lovely as its her intitial with letters hanging down, but its already full to the brim, I may have to use this idea to make something new... something else for the to-do list. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant idea!! I LOVE this kind of 'make'. So simple and it looks fantastic — Thanks so much for linking up with #HomeEtc x

    Caro | www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.

Instagram

© My May Sunshine. Design by FCD.