Star Name Garland.

Monday, November 20, 2017




Recently my niece asked me to make a name garland for my little nephew, to hang on his wall. 

I made one for my other little nephew which you can see here. I made it using large felt letters and adding little stars and trains to them.

This time I decided to use stars which I then added the letters of his name to the stars.

I decided to keep the letters all the same colour and went for dark grey felt. Then chose white, light blue and light grey felt for the stars.

On the other garland I added some filling inside but this time I decided to keep them flat. 


I hand stitched all the letters and the stars together instead of machine stitching them, that's just what I prefer to do.

To create the garland, I chose a thin white ribbon to attach the stars to. I decided to glue the stars on the ribbon and sewed them on to make them more secure.


As I decided to use his middle name as well as his first name, I added a plain star in between the names to separate them.

I didn't have the dies to die cut the shapes this time, so I printed off a shape of a star and the letters off Microsoft Word and then used them as a template to cut the stars and letters out. 


I really like how simple but effective the garland looks and makes a lovely gift. 

 Added to Tip Junkie link up





Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.

Instagram

© My May Sunshine. Design by FCD.