Filofax Flex Planner

Tuesday, January 29, 2013



One of my must do's for this year is to be more organised when it comes to the blog. I would like to make sure that I blog more regularly and consistently as I tend to go through spurts and then nothing.

To help me to do this, I decided to create a planner and decided to use a Filofax. I have been using a Filofax on and off since I was at school and still have a couple of Filofaxes that I have had for quite a few years but when trying to plan it out, it just wasn't working.

After looking into what else I could use, I came across the Filofax Flex in the A5 size and thought that this would be a better idea as it easier for me to write in, being left handed and is more simplified than the Filofax.




I love the colour magenta and to keep it closed I decided to add a mint coloured elasticated hair band. Works perfectly.



Inside I have the notebook that came with the flex and a diary I picked up from Wilkinsons last year. The flex also comes with a jotter and a insert that has a pen loop on it.

On the front of the notebook I decided to add some washi tape to add some colour. 





In the notebook, I started to just write all my to dos down altogether but I have just set it up so that I have categories for the to dos, so this is why there aren't anything written down yet. Putting them into categories works better so it's not so overwhelming and I can focus on certain things easier. 

The categories I went with are General to do, Home to do, Craft to do, Blog to do.

I added a Martha Stewart Notetabs to each section and then added some washi tape that kind of match the Notetabs and then added the label on top of the washi tape and this added a little pop of colour.





The flex has lots of slots so that you can customise it to how you want it and so I added a Martha Stewart sticky pad behind the notebook and some paper clips. 




Behind the diary is where the jotter goes and the one that comes with it doesn't have very many pages so when I had used it up, I added one I bought from Wilkinsons and added some patterned paper to the front to make it a little more pretty.


I am loving the way I have organised the Filofax Flex and added some extras to it. I have started to use the notebook side with the categories and it is working really well. It is quite light to carry compared to a Filofax and has what I need in it and is not bulky.

I have also create a blog planner, which I will showing soon, when I have it the way I would like it.

Do you use a planner? Would love to hear about yours and also if you have any tips to staying organised. 


Hope you are having a good week. See you soon.



17 comments

  1. I love your planner! I made a blog planner this year and had it bound at Staples. It's been working really well and it's keeping me on track with my blog but I feel like I should have one for my life too. I can't wait to see your blog planner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I feel like I need one for the blog and for life. How many planners do you think is too many? lol. Love the idea of binding one at staples.

      Delete
  2. Get you little miss organised - what a gorgeous Filofax, hope to see you blogging more now :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!

    I'm just about finished putting my blog planner together and am looking forward to having my blog schedule, ideas, etc, all in one place. I've always used a fancy spreadsheet to keep track of all those things, but I'm more of a notebook than a digital girl at heart, so I've been migrating to paper over time and have stuff all over the place now. Plus, let's face it, filofaxs are prettier than spreadsheets :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely love paper over digital. Love writing lists and spreadsheets, will be using them for my blog planner.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I really hope I keep using it and not give up!

      Delete
  5. Great post! Love how you customized the 'boring' Flex inserts that Filofax has provided. In a way, its probably best they did. Those that want plain, business like or less color the standards will work for them. Those who want color and creativity pretty much have a blank slate to work with. This is probably the best customized Flex I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. If I can customize something I will give it a go.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing at A Crafty Soiree! I love it when organization is also pretty! Love the washi tape labels. I'm now following you on FB, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Google+. I'd love it you'd follow me back and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genius using a large hairband to keep it closed, why didnt I think of that lol, I love my Flex, I dont use a diary in mine just the notebook and jotter, the one that comes with it is pathetic and also expensive to replace. I love the Martha Stewart pads too, they work great, stick well etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a happy and colorful planner! Love it all, especially all of the washi tape detail and labels! :)

    xo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where do you order the 'Flex'?

    Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy them on the Filofax website.

      Delete
  10. I've received my Flex today, toghether with a new Finsbury! I love them!!! New follower. Follow me on my blog: www.filofaxismyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great! Good luck, I look forward to seeing how you get on x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.

Instagram

© My May Sunshine. Design by FCD.