Tassel Garland Tutorial

Friday, January 30, 2015



Today I am going to show you how I made the tassel garland that I made for Amelia's first birthday on Sunday. 



I picked up these tissue papers in a local card shop and really loved the colours especially the mint green.  I also found some washi tape in my stash that match quite well. 


I cut the tissue paper into strips. I think I took the harder route of making the tassel's like this rather than keeping the tissue paper whole and cutting strips into it, but I started it like this so continued. 


Next I gathered some of the strips and folded them in half and taped them up making a little loop of the top to thread the yarn though to hang it up. 


I just added the tassel's to some yarn and put the yarn through the loop twice so keep the tassel's in place. 

I hung the garland up under some shelves above my dining table and placed the yarn number one that I showed on Wednesday, above the garland.



I really like the colour combinations of the tassel garland and the yarn number and worked well with the stone colour of the wall.

It was so easy to make, adds a lovely pop of colour and you could make one for any occasion.

This, like the yarn number, will probably be put on a wall in the girls room to add some more colour.

What do you think to this simple garland? Let me know. 


3 comments

  1. This looks so good!
    Thank you for the how to, I've been wondering were I could purchase one for awhile but now I can give it a whirl myself x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it and will give it a go. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Louise this is brilliant. I love love garlands. I did my own tutorial to make Missy Moo's 1st birthday garland too. They are time consuming but so beautiful when you are finished. Looks great with your number 1 in the middle too. So talented lady. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.

Instagram

© My May Sunshine. Design by FCD.