Back of the cupboard finds

Saturday, March 30, 2013


At the end of last year, my grandma moved out of her house that she had been in for the last 20 years and while sorting out some cupboards, I came across a few things that I thought would be good to use.

My grandma was moving from a large bungalow to a small 1 bed apartment and also has Alzheimer's, so she didn't want, need or use most of the things that were in her house. 

I decided that I would try and re purpose these items as really love to re purpose items even for things they weren't necessarily intended for. 




Firstly I decided to use the glass jars to hold my craft supplies like Stickles glitter and flowers. 




I thought the cake stand would be good to hold the growing amount of washi tape I have.


I wanted to get one of those floristry frogs, to display cards on, for a while and when I found one in the back of a cupboard, I just thought I would clean it up and put it to good use.


I used the little tray in the kitchen, the plate stand to hold my phone and the other items have yet to find a home. 

It's great to be able to re purpose things instead of them being thrown away, which probably would have happened in this case, and was great to be able to find some things hidden in the back of some cupboards. 

Have you come across any unexpected items when helping someone move or maybe in your own home? You never know what you are going to find when you empty a house that's been lived for years. 

Hope you having a lovely Easter.








Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.

Instagram

© My May Sunshine. Design by FCD.