Card Feature Wednesday 5

Wednesday, June 25, 2014


Today's cards are a couple of masculine birthday cards that I made a while ago.

For the first card, I decided to use 3 circles as the main focus of the card. I went with some bright orange patterned paper for the background and layered it on some kraft card so that it would balance the orange out a bit.


Paper - My Minds Eye Out of the Blue and Fly a kite | Stamp - Clearly Besotted Tag Along | Circles - Spellbinders circles large | Stars - Sizzix | Twine - The Ribbon Girl | Buttons - Papermania | White gel pen - Uni ball Signo gel pen.


I chose the the sentiment from the Clearly Besotted Stamps Tag Along stamp set and stamped it on one of the circles. On the other circles, I added some stars.

For the embellishments, I added some small green buttons at the top and some brown twine around the bottom. I also added some faux stitching around the outside of the card with a white gel pen.


For the second card, I went with a numbered patterned paper for the background which I love the colours of. I added some stripey orange paper for the back layer of the centre label and I added some kraft card to the front of the orange layer. I stamped the larger star and added a smaller star on a foam square, on top,  to add some dimension.

For the sentiment, I stamped a sentiment from the Clearly Besotted Stamps A Little Sentimental on a label from the Clearly Besotted Stamps Tag Along dies.



Paper - My Minds Eye Fly a kite and Out of the blue | Stamp - Clearly Besotted  A Little Sentimental and Banana Frog Super Stars | Dies - Clearly Besotted Tag Along and Spellbinders Nestabilities Label one.


These cards were not too difficult to make but have a lot going on to make the cards full of colour.

Hope you are having a lovely week. See you soon.


1 comment

  1. Love these - great for males who are always difficult to make for!!! X

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.

Instagram

© My May Sunshine. Design by FCD.