Been Busy Handstitching

Tuesday, September 27, 2011


I have recently got into adding stitching to cards but instead of using a sewing machine I decided to hand sew a card that I needed to make for  a friend.


Paper - Crate Paper Restoration.
Stamp - My Pink Stamper Fabulous Phrases.
Flower - EK Success punch.
Twine - Ribbon Reel.


I hand sewed around the outside of the patterned paper and around the flower.




Obviously it helps if the lines are straight but even when machine sewing, the lines aren't straight sometimes so it didn't matter. 




I chose to use a simple sentiment stamp with this card as the paper is very patterned, so it would help to balance the card. 

I found stitching quite therapeutic and will definitely be doing some more soon.  





Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.

Instagram

© My May Sunshine. Design by FCD.