Green owl card

Wednesday, January 08, 2014


Today I have the first of four cards that I have made for the card boxes that I showed in this post last week.

For the card, I decided to use the Clearly Besotted you're a hoot owl for the main image. Before choosing the ink colour, I chose the patterned paper from the American Crafts Soho Garden paper pad. I went with Memento cottage ivy, it is slightly darker than the papers but worked fine.

I didn't add to much patterned paper but enough to add plenty of colour. I decided to emboss the background as it was too plain without and used the die-namics pierced circle to add the faux stitching to the circle.

On the owl, I added a little heart to the centre which I added some stickles glitter to add some sparkle and also added some glossy accents to the eyes to bring them out.

For the sentiment, I used the Clearly Besotted tag it stamp set and then stamped it on one of the tags from the tag it die set.



Paper - American Crafts Soho Garden | Stamps - Clearly Besotted You're a hoot and tag along | Circles - Spellbinders Nestabilities large circles and Die-namics  Pierced circles | Label - Clearly Besotted tag along | Embossing folder - Cuttlebug swiss dots | Ink - Versafine onyx black and memento cottage ivy | Glitter - Stickles crystal | Glossy accents.

My aim was to make some cards that weren't too embellished but not too plain either and think this one turned out well.


Hope you are having a great week. See you soon for the second of the four cards.


Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.

Instagram

© My May Sunshine. Design by FCD.