Cute Little Candle Cake

Monday, January 06, 2014


I had seen a picture of this little cake made out of paper and a battery operated candle on Pinterest and was really intrigued by it and wanted to give it at making one for my mums birthday, which was at the end of December.

 

I started by cutting out a large scallop circle for the bottom of the candle and cut out a hole for the switch. To secure the scallop circle to the candle I used some foam squares, one on top of another as the candle had tiny feet so needed double height to make it level.

I then cut out a smaller scallop circle for the top of the candle which I then created a hole for the light and folded down the sides of the scallop circle.
Then I cut out a piece to put around the sides and added some ricrac ribbon to make it more decorative.


To decorate the top of the cake, I punched out some little flowers from the Martha Stewart 3 in 1 hydrangea punch and used the smaller flowers and added some stickles to make them sparkle.

My Mum really liked the little candle cake and I am really pleased with how it turned out. 

These little candle cakes are great little gifts and it wasn't too difficult to make either.



Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.

Instagram

© My May Sunshine. Design by FCD.