Card gift boxes

Saturday, January 04, 2014



For a few Christmas presents, I decided to make some handmade cards and wanted to make some boxes to store them in.

I decided to make them with the envelope punch board. I found a tutorial on YouTube by Lizy Bartaby where she makes a card box that was big enough for UK c6 size envelopes, as most tutorials on YouTube are for US size 51/2 x 41/4 cards.


The box fitted 4-5 cards and envelopes depending on how much embellishments the cards have on them.

I also used the envelope punch board to make some bows like I have made for these boxes in my last post.



The front was still quite bare, so I added a label die cut from Spellbinders Nestabilities label one and then added a heart from the Clearly Besotted Love Hearts stamps and then some little punched hearts.

To secure the flap at the back, I used a small piece of Velcro and it worked very well.




I made three different coloured boxes but kept the bows the same colour.

I really love these boxes. They make great little gifts and are great packaging to store cards and are nice and sturdy.

Hope you have had a great week and have a nice weekend.

See you soon.



Link Parties I have linked up to are here

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.

Instagram

© My May Sunshine. Design by FCD.