Craft Room Organisation - Buttons, Washi tape and Dies

Wednesday, March 14, 2012


The fourth part of my craft room organisation is about storing buttons, washi tapes and dies.

When I have organised things in my craft room I tend to organise them by colour rather than style or brand, but when it comes to organising buttons, I keep them organised into 2 types. First set are the buttons I bought from Sew Sweet and the second set are all the other buttons.

After I had done this, I then decided to separate them more by colour. I didn't separate them completely into colour but into a few groups of colours depending on how many were in that colour.

I used Ikea Rajtan spice jars to store the buttons and ended up with 10 jars. 5 jars with the buttons from Sew Sweet and 5 jars with buttons from other brands. I chose to keep them this way so that I know which buttons are from Sew Sweet.






To store the jars, I used 2 Ikea Bygel baskets and they are attached to the side of one of my units.








Under the lower basket is where I store my washi tape.





I use a wooden rod that is hooked on to the underside of the basket using Ikea Bygel hooks.








The washi tape simply just fit onto the rod. It's really easy to get the tape on and off.


I then just used another Bygel hook to add my Sew Easy twine which are clipped together on a binder ring.


Lastly I wanted to show you how I store my Spellbinders Nestabilities.

I chose to store them in a binder format rather than CD cases as I wanted something small in size to store them and I wasn't sure how long the CD cases would last.

So when it came to the binder, I chose to make one. I used two Bind it all covers which measured 7.5 x 5 inches and covered them using Papermania's Birdsong papers.





I created a label using a Spellbinder Nestabilities label one die and used the Echo Park Summer Days paper and some Papermania foam alphabet stickers.





To secure the dies, I used some kraft card cut to 7.5 x 5 and some magnets to hold the dies securely. Then I  just added a label to the page with the name of the die.







Making the binder using binder rings enables me to just add more dies when I need to, so it is not too bulky at the moment but can be added to when needed and can always make more binders if necessary. 


So that's a little bit more on how I organise and store things in my craft room. 

Next week's craft room organisation is on kids craft organisation. 

See you soon.

Linking to 



2 comments

  1. That is a very attractive way to store buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking up this fabulous project!!
    I hope you will stop by and link up another great project http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/you-inspire-linky-party_24.html
    Claire xox

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.

Instagram

© My May Sunshine. Design by FCD.