My Craft Room

Wednesday, March 28, 2012



Over the last five weeks I have been showing you different ways that I organise things in my craft room. Today I am going to show my actual craft room.



 It measures 8 feet wide by 7 feet deep and is supposed to be my dining room but I prefer the dining table to be on the laminate rather than the carpet so took over the space for my craft room.




For the shelves, I have three small expedit cubes that I have just put one on top of the others but placed in the middle of the two.




This is the left hand side of the room. The top of the tall cupboard has a lot of binders and some Ikea magazine folders to hold things like paper for the printer and plastic pockets. The box at the top is the extra craft things for my daughter and the two plastic drawers hold paper for my daughter to draw. 




The wall shelves hold things like notebooks, cuttlebug and embossing folders, tub of twine, box of flowers and my desk organiser, which isn't on my desk!




I like to keep my desk quite clear unless I have lots of paperwork on it but don't like to keep it messy for too long or it tends to get messed up courtesy of my daughter. I keep most of my pens and office supplies I use regularly in the drawers below the desk. The desk is Ikea Vika Amon and the chair is Ikea Snille chair.




This is my craft desk. It is made from 2 black Ikea lack tables, one on top of the other, and a Ikea Vika Amon table top on the top of them which has been secured with brackets. I already had these items in my home, even the brackets and the chair use to be in my kitchen but was never used and so it was great to be able to use them for something I knew I would use.




This is what is on the top expedit cube. When I showed the brad and eyelet boxes, they were on the shelf below, but I moved them and the Ikea Rationell Variera shelf up to the top to allow me to use the shelf below for the boxes. The red spot tins have labels in the bottom tin and pins in the top tin. The Ikea Krus container has bakers twine which I posted about here




The top left has stamps which I explained more about here and dies which I showed the binder here. The top right has inks, embossing powders and heat tool and box of gifts. The bottom left has craft and office supplies and alphas and bling. The bottom right has 6x6 paper pads and 12 x12 paper pads.




The top left has my sewing machine, threads and sewing kit. The top right has my ribbons which I explained how I store them here. The bottom left has extra supplies and the bottom right has random things in it.




The top left has card and the top right has envelopes and extra adhesive. The bottom left has fabric and the bottom right has more random things.




This is behind the door in the tall cupboard. Top shelf has cords and external hard drive, middle shelf has cards I have made and the bottom shelf 
has things like glue gun and sticks.




This is where the buttons are on the side of the top expedit cube, I showed you them here. Opposite is some Ikea Rationell baskets. They just slide on and off the 2 screws which are in the side of the cupboard. Next to them is an Ikea Grundtal magentic knife rack and the Ikea Grundtal containers which have paper clips in. 





In the top basket I store tools that I want to keep out of the way of my daughter and the bottom basket is full of adhesives.


The small drawers with my printer on hold my punches. The top two drawers are lined with Ikea Rationell Variera drawer mat which stop the punches moving around.


These are small punches in the top drawer.



Larger punches in the middle drawer.





Then the border punches are in the bottom drawer.



So that is my craft room and how I organise it. I came up with the craft table from an post on Ikea Hackers and how they had used two lack table as a kitchen bench and is great for sitting next to the window as the window is so high up and being able to look outside. I don't really like to have the desk face the wall but it was the only way I could fit everything in. As my house isn't that big, it is great to be able to have a small space for me and my crafts. 


Have a great day.



Linking to:


24 comments

  1. Your craft room is great, I'm jealous! It's the perfect combination of efficient and cute :)

    -Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fabulous space! i love the organization, and also the colors from all the storage. i'm sure you can do some serious crafting and creating in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all theses ideas! It is fun to see what people do with Ikea products, too! Everything is so neat and colorful! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful craft room. I used Expedit for mine too, but one of the bigger units.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I have been looking for a taller craft table and I love what you did with staking yours! I think I am going to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the nice comments. They are really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is beautiful and I love your craft room! Great job!

    Becky B.
    www.organizingmadefun.com
    Organizing Made Fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how organized this is. Im so jealous!!

    I would love for you to share this at my Flaunt It Friday link party. There are also TWO amazing giveaways this week!

    http://www.dottedlinecrafts.com/2012/03/flaunt-it-friday.html

    Looking forward to more posts,
    Sarah@
    www.dottedlinecrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL craft room! oh i am so jealous! i would love for you to link this post up to the spread the love weekend wrap up party i host on my blog. http://www.lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com/2012/03/spread-love-4-elissa-hudson-giveaway.html
    there is also an AMAZING elissa hudson print giveaway going on right now as well.
    hope to see you there!
    {love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I am envious! My hubs & I just recently got married & since I was an apartment dweller before, I moved into his bachelor pad...a relatively small 3BR with one of those being used as his work office, and the other as a guest room/catch-all. I will be sososo glad when we can upgrade & I can finally have a creative space (that isn't the kitchen table)! Thank you for sharing! Found your blog via the PolkadotPretties link up, hope you'll find time to visit my blog as well! (http://feauxcajun.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can be creative in any room, it isn't about the room is about your willingness and imagination. Her room is perfect and if it works for her then great!! But I don't think you need a fantastic craft room to create great pieces of art.

      Delete
  11. What an awesome room! I'm jealous, lol. I look forward to reading about your creations, your room is great to work in :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This beautiful craft space is brought to you by Ikea :) I wish the closet Ikea wasn't 2 hours away because all your storage solutions are fabulous! It looks like you have a wonderful space for creating and I look forward to going back and reading your previous posts leading up to the reveal.

    Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for linking up this fabulous project!!!!
    I hope you will stop by tomorrow and link up another great project

    http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.co.uk/

    Claire xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your room is soooo pretty! Love the colors. And youre so organized! Love love :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is incredibly organized. Looks neat and stylish at the same time, and that is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooo! so nice and neat and organized! Now show us some pics of when you're in full messy crafting mode! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your craft room Louise, I love that everything has a place and it is neat and tidy but still beright and fresh. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your craft room looks amazing. I love all the storage.

    I'm having a HOMETALK Social hop. I'd love for you to hop on over, grab a button and link up your Hometalk. If you don't have Hometalk it's ok, come link up your blog.

    http://www.mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/hometalk-social-hop.html


    I'm also looking for Pinterest Pinners to feature every week beginning in January. If you are on Pinterest and are interested in being featured come link up! Who knows you might meet some other great pinners and gain a few great ideas.

    http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/looking-for-pinners.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your craft room is amazing!!! I think if it were mine I would never leave it! Ha ha! I am visiting from the Best of 2012 Link Party at Diana Rambles. I would be super honored if you would link this up at my new link party!

    http://piggyinpolkadots.blogspot.com/2012/12/party-in-polka-dots-features-and-link.html

    Thanks so much for sharing!!

    Shelley
    www.piggyinpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful photos, beautiful room!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So nicely organized! I used to have a craft room...then we had another kid! Thanks for linking up at the Best of 2012 Party!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.

Instagram

© My May Sunshine. Design by FCD.